Listen in to our live audience recording of KetoTalk Episode #69 while cruising around Alaska!
Questions You Can Find Answers to On This Podcast:
– Can your fasting blood sugar creep up if you’ve been low carb for a long time?
– What combination of electrolytes do you need to prevent leg cramps while keto?
– Should I use a keto diet to treat an immunosuppressed system?
– How does a keto diet effect someone with low stomach acid levels?
– Does plaque leave your arteries when you go keto, or do you have it forever?
– What is the best time to test blood sugar?
– Why does some bacon have sugar, and should I be eating it? What about nitrates?
– How do you account for the variations in home glucose meter readings?
– Why are most artificial sweeteners not a good idea?
– Can keto help Reynaud’s Syndrome?
– Is there a role for energy balance on keto specifically after hormones have been normalized?
– Why do some people get keto rash?
– Is my raised blood sugar levels telling me that I am still healing?
– Stalled weight loss after gastric band
– Why do you sometimes go out of ketosis after exercise?
– What is the difference in using MCT oil vs coconut oil?
– What is the proper timing of supplementing with bone broth and other electrolytes?
– Are food sensitivity tests a good idea?
– If calories don’t matter, why do things like the rice diet work?
– Why do I wake up hungry in the middle of the night?
Dr. Nally’s KetoLiving Muti-Vitamin Formulation
I am a Family Practice Physician. I spent eleven years of my life training to become a physician certified in Family Medicine. But, I found this wasn’t enough. I struggled to treat the “diseases of civilization” that arise from society, our Western diet and lifestyle.
I, also, specialize in dietary weight/obesity management and low-carbohydrate/ketogenic diets. I actually spent an additional three years obtaining specialized training and board certification in this field. When you add all the training and my years of experience in practice together, I’ve spent over 25 years perfecting this art of medicine.
Because of this training, I have been very blessed that people from all over the world travel to Surprise, Arizona, to see me for weight management, dietary advise, and counseling on the diseases of civilization. I’ve been amazed that simple changes in diet halt and reverse obesity, arthritis, diabetes, cholesterol, high blood pressure, etc. The list goes on and on …
But I find a disturbing mindset pervasive through the community and the nation:
After listening to an number of people get angry over this issue in the last few weeks, I began wondering to myself…
“Who ties your shoelaces for you?”
While at a medical conference in Tampa, Florida, I started thinking about uric acid. This lead to remembering the story of a patient who was passing a kidney stone . . . watch to find out what she said.
Kidney stones are really just gout’s wicked step-child and both are usually found in the insulin resistant patient. Learn why as we spend a short 10 minutes talking about how both types of kidney stones are formed and why. Uric acid stones & calcium oxalate stones are siblings with different mechanisms of formation but, oh, how they love hanging out in your kidney.
Interested in learning how to start a ketogenic diet? Sign up for my Free Six-Part Weight Loss Mini-Course and check out DynamicKetones.com if your interested in jump-starting your ketogenic metabolism.
Look at what you can do when you understand how to follow a ketogenic/low-carbohydrate diet. Learn more by clicking above and taking my free weight loss mini-course.